by Amelia Gilbert
If you’re heading off on a road trip, before you even think about your route, you’ll want to make sure you pack everything you’ll need. Carrying a few basics will help you feel fabulous while you’re traveling as well as when you arrive at your destination.
Careful though, don’t carry too many cosmetics and don’t let yourself get weighed down by a huge suitcase full of clothes. You’ll really only need to take a few multi-functional products, gear and clothing.
1. Make up – Keep things to a minimum. A little tinted moisturizer will help give you a natural glow while hydrating your skin and some mascara and lip balm are all you need to be naturally beautiful for your journey. (Of course, a touch of lipstick never hurt, either!)
2. Hair accessories – If you have long hair, bring a clip or elastic hairband to keep it out of your way, especially if you’re going to be traveling in hot climates. A leave-in conditioner will keep your hair tame, no matter the weather and will protect it from being damaged by the sun.
3. Clothes – A pair of jeans or light cotton pants can be teamed up with T-shirts and blouses, helping you to feel comfortable if you are traveling for a long period of time. Depending on the weather, just a few basic long-sleeve T’s or spaghetti-strap tops will see you through most conditions. Carry a sarong to wear as a skirt (or use as a towel at the beach or for the shower).
4. Skin care – A good-quality sunscreen is essential as you don’t want your trip ruined by painful sunburn. Choose carefully according to your skin type and use the strongest SPF you can find – particularly if you’re traveling to tropical countries.
5. Snacks – Make sure you bring an array of healthy snacks so you’re not tempted by fast food along the way. Sunflower seeds, dried fruit and nuts will keep you going until you can get a proper meal and help you to maintain your waistline.
Overall, it doesn’t take a large suitcase (or 2) to make your travels enjoyable. In this case, less is definitely more.
California Road Trip: