Summer in Seattle has been a bit strange this year. We had record high temps in the spring–including one day that was 20 degrees hotter than the previous record–but July and August have been a bit rainy and cool. I feel a bit misled by Mother Nature as I was looking forward to a beautiful, hot summer.
None-the-less, this past month+ hasn’t been all bad and I have had a few opportunities to test out the Burnout Tank Top. Plus, with upcoming travel to some warm climates (Salt Lake City, Papua New Guinea, Santa Fe, Hawaii and Bangkok), there are still plenty of opportunities for me to wear this in the coming three months!
Overall, this is just a really cute top to have in my closet. I can put it on and go for a walk in my neighborhood, go sun myself in it on my rooftop deck or pack it up for a getaway.
It works well on its own, under a travel top or even over a bathing suit.
What I love
- Cotton/poly blend and is super lightweight–ideal for the heat
- It packs down really small
- Doesn’t show wrinkles, even when packed down really small
- Adorable wildflower print
- I would love it even more in purple!
Not so much
- This top is a bit more sheer than I would like but I see lots of women/girls wearing sheer tops so it must be all the rage 🙂
- The cut is such that I only have certain bras I can wear this with
BONUS! This top is on sale on the for a ridiculously low $21.
Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Mostly because it is SO lightweight. On a hot day, this is a definite go-to top for me.
Want to stay up-to-date on all things Wanderlust? Follow me on , or .
Disclosure: Mountain Khakis provided this top for me to review. Regardless, everything I have said in the post reflects my honest opinions.